Welcome to VMware Networking & Security Tech Zone
Welcome to VMware Networking & Security Tech Zone, your fastest path to understanding, evaluating and deploying VMware NSX, the VMware Advanced NSX Load Balancer, and the VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud. This page walks you through the types of content we offer and our site layout.
The big picture
Tech Zone fits neatly into the larger picture of resources at VMware. By focusing on practical product guidance, Tech Zone is able to complement traditional VMware NSX resources.
At Tech Zone, we've made it our mission to provide you with the resources you need, wherever you are in your digital workspace journey. For this reason, some content on Tech Zone is extremely technical and intended for digital workspace gurus. Other content is more general and intended for all to enjoy.
6 basic questions
As part of our content strategy, Tech Zone resources are divvied up to answer half a dozen basic questions that scale from beginner to expert. No matter what level of technical expertise you have with VMware NSX products, the resources associated with these questions will point you in the right direction.
4 content types
The content on Tech Zone comes in four basic formats: videos, guides, blogs, and toolsets. Use the following diagram to explore which Tech Zone resources answer your fundamental questions, and to understand which format that resource takes.
The easiest way to understand Tech Zone's layout is to look at the top navigation menu. This section walks through the menu options shown in the following image:
- Activity Paths: Expand the Start menu to access the activity paths for VMware NSX-T, VMware NSX Advanced Load-Balancer, VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud and more. Activity Paths provide a variety of resources that guide you from beginner to expert.
- Networking: Find out everything you ever wanted to know about NSX-T, the VMware Networking and Security platform to connect and protect applications across your data center, multi-cloud, bare metal, and container infrastructure. Learn more about the VMware Advanced NSX Load Balancer for any-Cloud and any-App and the VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud solution to connect remote branches to on-prem Data Centers and to the Public Cloud
- Security: Find out all about the VMware NSX Service Defined Firewall which provides Network Segmentation (Test/Dev/Prod), distributed IDS/IPS, Application Segmentation and Microsegmentation.
- Blog: Get the latest announcements, read opinion pieces, and find out what’s new in the NSX-T and SD-WAN product releases.
- Log in: Sign in to Tech Zone using your VMware Cloud Service Portal ID (also known as myVMware ID, or Partner ID). While you do not have to log in to access our content, signing in has its benefits. Today, it enables blog commenting, and grants access to our RSS feeds. Tomorrow, you’ll get even more unveiling advanced Design Content and Activity paths.
- Search: Use the VMware Tech Zone search engine to zero in on what you want to know. To begin, enter keywords into the search bar. Then filter results by specific components, levels of understanding, and type of resource.
Here at Tech Zone, we're constantly rolling out changes and site improvements. For this reason, our site can change from one day to the next!
Please know that we don't believe in change for the sake of change. Instead, your needs drive our evolution. All iterations of this site are intended to help make the most relevant, need-to-know information as accessible as possible. Thank you for your patience as we grow.