Verify the Upgrade
After you upgrade NSX, you can verify whether the versions of the upgraded components have been updated.
- From your browser, log in as a local admin user to an NSX Manager.
- Select System > Upgrade.
- Verify that the overall upgrade version, component version, and initial and target product version are accurate.
- The status of the upgrade appears as Successful.
- Modify the default admin password expiration.
- If the password expires, you will be unable to log in and manage components. Additionally, any task or API call that requires the administrative password to execute will fail. By default, passwords expire after 90 days.
- If you have VIDM enabled, access your the local account at https://nsx-manager-ip-address/login.jsp?local=true.
- Verify CPU and Memory values for NSX Edge VMs.
- After upgrading, log in to the vSphere Client to verify if your existing NSX Edge VMs are configured with the following CPU and Memory values. If they are not, edit the VM settings to match these values.
|NSX Edge Small VM||4 GB||2|
|NSX Edge Medium VM||8 GB||4|
|NSX Edge Large VM||32 GB||8|