Welcome to VMware Networking and Security Tech Zone
Welcome to VMware Networking & Security Tech Zone, your fastest path to understanding, evaluating and deploying the VMware NSX portfolio. Tech Zone's mission is to provide insightful and accurate guidance on VMware Networking and Security solutions. Our goal is to consolidate all interconnected pieces of technical content into one single platform.
The Big Picture
Tech Zone fits neatly into the larger picture of resources at VMware. By focusing on practical product guidance, Tech Zone is able to complement traditional VMware NSX resources.
At Tech Zone, we've made it our mission to provide you with the resources you need, wherever you are in your networking and security journey. For this reason, some content on Tech Zone is extremely technical and intended for networking and security gurus. Other content is more general and intended for all to enjoy.
6 Basic Questions
As part of our content strategy, Tech Zone resources are divvied up to answer half a dozen basic questions that scale from beginner to expert. No matter what level of technical expertise you have with VMware NSX products, the resources associated with these questions will point you in the right direction.
5 Content Types
The content on Tech Zone comes in five basic formats:
The following diagram explains which resources answer your fundamental questions, and which format each resource takes.
The easiest way to understand Tech Zone's layout is to look at the top navigation menu. This section walks through the menu options shown in the following image:
- Start: Expand the Start menu to access the featured content, with curated product and solution activity paths that provide a variety of resources to guide you from beginner to expert.
- Networking: Find out everything you ever wanted to know about the VMware NSX portfolio, a complete set of networking and security offerings designed to address customer use-cases supporting workloads based on virtual machines, containers, and bare-metal.
- Security: Continue your journey and discover network security resources within the VMware NSX portfolio.
- Blog: Get the latest announcements, read opinion pieces, and find out what’s new in our recent product releases.
- Log in: Sign in to Tech Zone using your VMware Cloud Service Portal ID (also known as myVMware ID, or Partner ID). While you do not have to log in to access our content, signing in gives your access to features that improve your experience.
- Search: Use the VMware Tech Zone search engine to zero in on what you want to know. To begin, enter keywords into the search bar. Then filter results by specific components, levels of understanding, and type of resource.
Log In to Access Even More Features
We strongly encourage you to log in to VMware Tech Zone. You won’t get more content, that’s always free to everyone but you will get access to features that improve your experience. There’s no new ID’s or passwords to remember, you simply use your existing VMware ID. The same one you use to get support or download products.
Here's a list of some of the amazing features available when you sign in:
- Pins - Pin your favorite assets and keep them in one handy location.
- Rate content - Let us know which assets you found helpful.
- Share - Share your favorites through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, or good old-fashioned email.
- RSS feed - Subscribe to the RSS feed and never miss another update. Get notified as soon as new content is published.
- Feedback - Submit a comment or send feedback to suggest an improvement.
- History - Keep tabs on your browsing, sharing, and search history so you can easily find that asset. You can also view which assets you have rated.
- Email updates - Option to subscribe to a weekly email to get the latest updates direct to your inbox.
- Messages - When things change we will notify you of the important stuff.
- My Company - See what others at your company are consuming.
Here at Tech Zone, we're constantly rolling out changes and site improvements. For this reason, our site can change from one day to the next!
Please know that we don't believe in change for the sake of change. Instead, your needs drive our evolution. All iterations of this site are intended to help make the most relevant, need-to-know information as accessible as possible. Thank you for your patience as we grow.